One of the natural compounds that promote hair growth and reduce hair loss is castor oil. Ricinoleic acid, one of the essential amino acids that are required by a human body, is also contained in the most castor oil for hair loss. It is Omega-9 fatty acids. Omega-9 fatty acids can penetrate into the pores of skin and hair follicles.
They make the hair follicles restore growth to normal levels because they are nourished. In addition, because hair shaft itself is dead, it is important to use castor oil that can reach the hair follicles. Castor oil also keeps hair from shedding quickly because it protects the hair follicles. The oil will also reduce the impact of pollution and sunlight.
Castor oil for hair loss before and after will also cure acne and dandruff and restore the scalp to optimum pH levels. It will keep the population of organisms under control which causes the growth of fungi such as dandruff growth and acne outbreaks. It has benefits to clean hair and scalp.
I. Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair and Skin
Better beauty products with more ingredients and higher price tags spread out there. Castor oil is a beauty treatment that also has powerful properties. Castor oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties and contains Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, minerals, proteins, and vitamin E. What makes it beneficial for the skin and hair is its amazingly high ratio of ricinoleic acids.
In the fact, castor oil has traditionally been used topically for hair loss, rashes, pimples, and other skin conditions. It is recommended to use this handmade cleanser oil if you want to try it for skin care.
II. What Types of Oil Castor You Should Use
There are three types of castor oil on hair that are popular to be used for hair care:
– Organic castor oil
– Jamaican black castor oil. Its seeds were from Africa. They reached to Jamaica due to the slave trade.
– Hydrogenated castor oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO)
– Initially, castor seeds are roasted.
– Then they are pressed for oil.
– The ashes of the roasted castor seeds are added to the oil that gives it a black color.
– You are more likely to benefit from JBCO, which is better in penetration and cleansing if you have straight hair and a healthy scalp.
III. How to use castor oil
1. Put on an old shirt to prevent coloring your clothes.
2. If you want, dampen your hair. Dampening your hair can help oil absorb better even if you can apply castor oil for hair to dry hair. Fill a spray bottle with water, and spray only to your scalp. It is a quick way to dampen your hair. Your hair should not too wet. It should be just a little damp.
3. Section off your hair.
4. Dip your finger in the oil. Massage your scalp for three to five minutes. Do not use too much oil. Use your fingers to spread the oil on your scalp and between the roots of your hair. Using a small circular motion, massage your head with your fingertips.
5. Otherwise you can start applying all types of castor oil including black castor oil to your scalp using an applicator brush. Massage the oil into your scalp.
6. Apply the oil to the rest of your hair. Scoop a little oil onto your finger. Rub between your palms. Then, place your palms on your hair. To help distribute the oil, use your fingers to comb your hair. You do not need too much oil. Start with a small amount.
7. All your hair should be moist with oil.
8. Lift your hair onto your head. Cover your hair with a shower cap. You can keep your hair in a place with a clipping claw if necessary. The shower cap will keep your hair dry and will trap heat inside.
9. Wet a towel by soaking it in hot water. Cover the hot towel around the head and shower cap. The heat from the towel will make the oil more effective. This technique is similar to hot oil hair treatment. However, this does not involve the use of a hairdryer.
10. Clean oil drippings with a towel.
11. Wait 30 minutes to 3 hours before washing oil. That gives the oil enough time to penetrate the scalp, hair follicles, and hair shaft. That may be a good reason to watch your favorite TV shows or movies you mean to see. You can also leave it overnight.
12. When you go to wash your hair, some people feel that washing with the only conditioner and skipping shampoo is more effective than using shampoo.
13. Use this treatment once or twice a week for the best results. You may start seeing the results after about a month of usage.
Castor oil for hair loss is used to make hair grow faster, longer, and thicker. Regular application of castor oil will make your hair look best. It is not difficult to find it. It can be purchased online and the price is affordable. You will have beautiful hair. Therefore, start using your castor oil regimen today.