Scalp folliculitis hair loss is caused by hair follicles that are damaged by bacteria that cause infection. Folliculitis causes inflammation in the hair follicles. According to the American Hair Loss Association, your hair follicles can be completely destroyed due to folliculitis. Your hair will never grow back if you are really destroyed. There are various types of folliculitis that are non-infectious and infectious.
I. What is Folliculitis?
The scalp folliculitis causes hair loss that is triggered by inflammation due to infection in hair follicles. Folliculitis can affect hair follicles in any part of your body, besides on the scalp. Look for small spots like acne with a small ring of inflammation around the opening of hair follicles that are accompanied by itching and pain if you wonder how to identify folliculitis.
Fibers of hair are often present in the early stages of folliculitis but your hair will fall out when it develops. Severe folliculitis can leave bald spots on the scalp, destroy the hair follicles, and cause permanent inflammation. In addition, excess oil and sebum on the scalp that clog the hair follicles is non-infectious folliculitis. It is also possible to have folliculitis that is caused by the virus, fungal, or yeast agents, like Herpes simplex.
However, folliculitis is caused by bacterial infections in the most cases. Staphylococcus Aureus is one of the most common hair follicle infections that cause folliculitis. In addition, Pseudomonas aeruginosin is the infection that grows in water that is not chlorinated.
II. What Causes Hair Loss
The causes of scalp folliculitis hair loss are as following:
– Irritation due to cosmetic makeup, oils, and sweat that are clogging the follicles.
– Damaged hair follicles like shaving irritation.
– Contacting or scrubbing out of tight clothes
III. Scalp Folliculitis Symptoms
Folliculitis hair loss usually looks like red pimples with a hair in the middle of each. They may be itchy or burning and may have pus inside. They can drain pus, blood, or both when they break open. After you are in the hot tub or spa, “Folliculitis hot tub” most often appears about 72 hours. Much small folliculitis appears occasionally on your arms and legs and in your stomach. You may experience stomachache and a mild fever. This type of folliculitis symptoms disappears by itself from 7 to 10 days.
IV. How to Cure Folliculitis
Healing by its own self is the only good thing about this condition. Give time about two weeks and have patience. You can take warm compresses using white vinegar or Burow Solution for immediate relief if itchy actually comes to you.
When it occurs on the scalp, medicated hair shampoo can be used to treat this condition. Do not panic about folliculitis causes hair loss because this is the common condition. However, recurrent hair loss can make you difficult to live. Consult a dermatologist in such case is the best way.
To control the spread of infection, here are things you can do:
– Do not share towels with other family members.
– Three times a week, add a few drops of chlorine in your hot tub.
– Before wearing your clothes, sprinkle a medicinal powder on affected follicles.
– After taking a bath, take over-the-counter medications like cortisone cream.
– In order to control the spread of infection to other unaffected areas, apply a warm and moist compressor to the affected area.
– To help to treat infected follicles, use antiseptic lotions and antibiotics in the affected area.
– Use an antiseptic soap preparation.
– Apply Topical Hair Loss Foam. Rogaine is widely known by men, women, and hair loss professional as the right choice to slow down and stop the development of hair loss. Rogaine is one of the most popular topical hair loss foam.
– Take a Hair Loss Recipe. Finasteride, better known as Propecia, is one of the most common prescription medications for hair loss. Women should not take this tablet, especially during pregnancy or breastfeeding so that the drug is only available for men.
– Run Laser Hair Restoration. Among men, women, and doctors, Laser Hair Restoration (LHT) becomes popular recently. It involves laser treatment up to 3-4 times a week. It is a minimally invasive nonsurgical hair restoration option. Patients can buy a personal hair laser for use at home and visit a doctor to receive laser therapy.
The longer you delay to treat scalp folliculitis hair loss, the more swollen your hair follicles. That can cause permanent hair loss. Hair growth around the area stops because this inflammation can cause injury to the hair follicles.
Scratching your scalp can also cause further damage to your hair because folliculitis is very itchy. Scalp folliculitis can be very uncomfortable and embarrassing. However, with immediate cure, it can recover quickly. Consider looking for hair products that leave no residue on your scalp if you often experience this condition. Consult your doctor if you suffer from hair loss due to this condition.